From deepest core of my heart, a very big thank you to Zoya Kubra, Seeking Words, for nominating me for this Sunshine blogger award, three days before. Well I really love reading your work Zoya, you extremely talented and a gifted writer, you write honest and true things, that I like the most. Please check out her blog, you too will love it, as much as I do.
When I read about the concept I was amazed, I really found it very interesting and I decided to complete this task. Well I am a very introvert girl, I have just begin writing, so I am new to the blogging world, this is a very special opportunity for me to express myself with you guys, to explore myself and tell you about me and my world.
The rules for this task are as follows:
- Thank the blogger/bloggers who nominated your name in the blog post & link back to their blog.
- The person, who nominated you, would have send you 11 questions, answer them.
- You’ll nominate 11 new blogs to receive the awards and write them 11 new questions, of your choice.
- On your blog/post list all the rules and display it under –“The Sunshine Blogger Award” logo.
Quite interesting, no? Well let me complete my task most welcomingly, my answers to Zoya’s questions-
- How long have you been blogging and what motivated you to begin?
Well it’s been only 22 days! I have started writing my blog at sky of freedom on 2nd march, 2017. I have been passionate about writing since eighth standard. I have faced loneliness in my life, some really terrible memories from years of my growing up. I find it difficult to express myself to people, so I resorted to writing blogs. You see, for things like knowledge, inspiration the direction of flow is from outside to inside but motivation is something from inside to outside. It’s more than just a blog for me it’s a way to express myself and satisfaction to my inner self and that’s my motivation you see!
2. Who is your favorite character (book or movie) & why?
I am a huge fan of Dan Brown! I love his “Da Vinci code”. My favorite character is obviously the protagonist Robert Langdon. His wits, knowledge, and presence of mind makes me his fan, I admire this dashing Harvard professor of symbology, exploring hidden truths of history!
3. What annoys you more than anything?
Its hypocrisy. You see, when I see people around me saying something and doing the opposite I am frustrated. They’ll behave as modern world dwellers, they talk of women equality & rights in parties and meetings then, once back home they’ll beat their own wives! This is modern hypocrisy and this is heck of nonsense it irritates me.
4. What would you ask for if the answer was “yes”?
Numerous questions! Well I love talking to people, knowing them and learning from them. I’ll ask people for their most precious possession! In today’s period what could be more precious than time? I’ll ask them to spend their time with me and enjoy.
5. If you could invite anyone to dinner (dead or alive), which to people would you invite & why?
Well this would be a really great chance. Well firstly, I would like to invite Nobel laureate Malala Yosufsai, ‘cause I love her views on children and women rights. I admire her courage and determination a lot. Secondly it would be my favorite author the “king of Hindi novel era”- Munshi Premchand, the more I read him the less it is, his works have awoken my interest in Hindi literature. I would love to discuss Indian society and culture with him. It would be damn cool!
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs time?
I’ll be 18 after 7 days!. My school has just ended, now I am preparing for entrance test. I am a medical student, not by choice, but by destiny. My father wanted a Doctor to please people in society not a writer to please his daughter’s interest. In next five years I’ll be graduating I guess. Right now I can’t say anything about my future certainly, but I do have a deep wish to take a course of creative writing in near future.
7. What’s your happiest memory?
When my younger sister, Hansavani was born! The happiest moment I have witnessed till date. Oh! I love her a lot, all my worries and tensions disappear at her sight.She’s quite younger to me but she’s my best friend, my princess!
8. Which protagonist/villain do yourself in?
I am a book worm, I love reading. Well it’s very often that I read something and start identifying myself with characters. But after reading ‘Diary of a Young Girl’ by Anne Frank, I felt a deep sense of connection with her. I feel there’s a Anne in every teenage girl. So I am Anne.
9. What would you be working as if you weren’t a blogger/writer or working in your current job/career?
Well my professional career hasn’t begun yet! I am just 18. But honestly I would love to be a writer! And I hope I’ll be one.
10. What are your 3 favorite foods?
I am a foodie! I live in country known worldwide for its vibrant, diverse and delicious cuisine. Here in north India we have a great diversity of food, but one which I find hard to resist is Rajma Chawal (kidney beans and rice dish, just one word to say- yummy!). I have sweet tooth for ice creams, butterscotch my favorite! And I love one more dish it’s a Gujarati dish called Dhokla (whenever you get a chance to visit India, please do visit Gujarat and taste this delight its amazing).
11. If you had one day completely by yourself, how would you fill your time?
A day for myself? Hmmm…. Well yes it would be very exciting to get rid of boring routine. My interests are quite singular. I love travelling and reading, I like to spend time with dogs too. So to fill up a day for myself with gorgeous memoirs, I’ll travel. I’ll read. I’ll play with my dogs. 🙂
Now finally the third step, I am nominating eleven names. Guys I am sorry, if you have already done this task or you have been nominated already. Also keep this in mind that it’s not compulsory to do it. The names are as follows:
- Roth Poetry
- Samuel David Sadler, The Violet City
- Derek Powazek
- our hoppy travels
- Sam Dylan Finch
- Karen Topakian
- Cheri Lucas Rowlands
- Glenn Redus
Here are my questions for you:
- What is your motivation behind writing, what inspires you to write?
- One of your qualities that you feel makes you different from others?
- Who is your favorite author and name the best novel you have read till date?
- Around this beautiful globe, name any three places that you haven’t been to but, would long to visit once in your lifetime?
- Suppose if you are give a super power like our comic heroes, which power you would choose?
- What kind of music you listen to and who’s your favorite singer?
- Its general human nature, we all get angry some point of our life. When you are frustrated or mad on something, what do you do to overcome it?
- When you get up in the morning, the first thought that comes to your mind is…?
- Imagine you’re given a magical eraser that can erase any part of human history, would you lie to use it? If yes, then which part of history you would erase?
- A recent quotation or line you came across which you found worth remembering?
- Name any one quality about human nature that you admire the most and one that annoys you the most?